Celebrate Dental Hygiene Month in Arlington, VA
Keeping your teeth as clean and healthy as possible can promote a lifetime of brighter smiles for you and your family. At Elite Dental, we celebrate Dental Hygiene Month each October to remind our patients about the importance of proper dental hygiene. Our team offers dental hygiene options in Arlington, VA that will strengthen teeth, reduce the risk of tooth decay, and improve many aspects of your interactions with others. By scheduling regular appointments with our team, you can boost your self-confidence while keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
How Do You Celebrate Dental Hygiene Month?
One of the best ways to celebrate Dental Hygiene Month with your family is to book appointments with Elite Dental for your twice-annual teeth cleaning. October is a great time to take time out for dental health. Your teeth cleaning appointment with our dental hygienists will usually take less than an hour and will leave your teeth feeling cleaner and your breath fresher, which can add up to improved confidence when talking with others at school, at work, or at play.
Reasons to Schedule Twice-annual Teeth Cleaning Appointments
Protecting your teeth is probably the most important reason to plan your teeth cleaning visits to Elite Dental twice a year. Dental cleanings can also offer a number of other important benefits, including the following:
- Whiter teeth can help you show off brighter smiles, which can make a positive impression on everyone you meet. Regular dental cleanings can keep your teeth looking their best, which can translate into an increased level of confidence.
- Teeth cleaning appointments can also reduce the chance of bad breath that could affect the first impression you make on others. By eliminating some of the bacteria, plaque, and tartar that can build up on teeth, the dentists at Elite Dental can help you enjoy the freshest breath possible for months after your dental cleaning in Arlington, VA.
- Because our dental hygienists focus on cleaning areas that are hard to reach with a toothbrush or floss, we can reduce the risk of cavities and hidden areas of tooth decay that could affect the overall health of your mouth. This can allow you to retain your natural teeth for a longer time and can reduce the need for additional dental work to correct issues with tooth decay.
- Regular visits to our dental hygienists can also lower your chance of developing gum disease, a serious dental condition that can affect teeth, gums, and the bones in your jaw. Gum disease usually begins when the gums become irritated and red after prolonged contact with plaque or tartar. Plaque forms when bacteria consume starchy or sweet materials left on teeth or in the mouth after eating or drinking. If not removed completely, plaque can harden into a substance called tartar or calculus. During your dental cleaning in Arlington, VA, our dental hygienists will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth to reduce irritation and to provide added help for you in managing your overall dental care routine.
- Scheduling regular cleanings with our dental hygienists in Arlington, VA can also allow our team to spot problems with your teeth before they become serious. This can add up to improved overall dental health and can reduce the risk of major dental bills for you and your family now and in the future.
At Elite Dental, we can provide the dental care you need in emergencies or manage all aspects of your dental hygiene properly. Our team of dental hygienists can provide you with the assistance you need to keep your teeth as healthy as possible throughout your life.
How to Care for Your Teeth Between Dental Visits
While regular examinations and dental cleanings are important parts of your dental care regimen, the dentists at Elite Dental also recommend taking good care of your teeth between your visits to our office in Arlington, VA. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth after meals, snacks and sugary drinks can allow you to keep your teeth and gums healthier in between visits to our dental office. Here are some of the basics of dental care for you and your family at home:
- Brush after meals: Brushing with a soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste after meals and snacks can prevent plaque from building up on your teeth. This can protect your teeth from the damaging effects of tooth decay and can also freshen your breath. Making sure to brush your teeth with gentle up-and-down motions and hitting all surfaces of your teeth is essential to clean all plaque and bacteria. Brushing your tongue can also dislodge bacteria that could otherwise migrate to other areas of your mouth. Best of all, your mouth will feel fresh and clean after brushing properly.
- Floss at least twice daily: Using the recommended floss and cleaning thoroughly between your teeth can remove even more of the plaque and bacteria that are responsible for triggering gum disease and causing tooth decay.
- Rinse thoroughly: After brushing, flossing, or consuming foods and drinks that are sweet or sticky, you should always rinse your mouth with water to remove as many particles of food as possible from your teeth and gums. Your dentist may also recommend the use of a fluoridated or medicated mouthwash to provide added support for your teeth and to promote the healthiest environment inside your mouth. If you are showing signs of the early stages of gum disease, you may also receive prescription mouthwash to slow the progress of this serious condition.
The dentists at Arlington, VA may also recommend that you chew sugar-free gum between meals. This stimulates the production of saliva, which can allow the bacteria in your mouth and any food particles to be washed away naturally.
At Elite Dental, we invite you to come to celebrate Dental Hygiene Month with us this October. Call us at 703-650-9441 to schedule an appointment for dental cleaning in Arlington, VA. We look forward to the chance to provide you with the best dental care for you and your family.